Wednesday, January 6, 2016

After The Rain by Rita Gerlach

I was given this ebook to read for free.  I always start to read these books with some apprehension.  What if I don't like it?  What if I can't finish it?    Well, I didn't have that problem at all with this story.

The first chapter grabbed my attention and had me right until the last page.   I loved the main character, Louisa.  Her compassion for others even when she was up against adversity was such a joy.  Louisa saw the need and she would step right in and do what she could to help.  She was criticized for her compassion but she wouldn't let it stop her from doing her upmost to make the world a better place.  She had an inner strength that I admired.


The Title, After The Rain, signifies to me that after the rain the sun will come out and there is a new day to embrace and start over.  Louisa had her troubles.  She had her sorrow.  At times, she was hurt and confused. But she never gave up.  She kept looking to the future and knew things would be better
AFTER THE RAIN.

Five stars!  Absolutely loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Pick-Pocket Orphans

  A sad but inspiring story of two young people who made the best of their unfortunate circumstances. Alice couldn't live with her fathe...