Monday, August 19, 2019

The Healing Jar

What a wonderful conclusion to this series by Wanda Brunstetter!  I enjoyed getting to know each of the characters in these collections.  


Lenore wanted nothing more than to be a wife and mother.  When she met Jesse she felt that her prayers were answered.  But were they?

 The prayer jars had valuable lessons enclosed inside.  Lenore, Michelle, and Sara had much to learn from them.  Each prayer inside guided their paths.  What a previous gift that was given to them.  The jars were hidden but they were in places that they could be found.  Three jars: three young women who needed to find them.

I love the idea of having a prayer jar.  I also think it would be wonderful to have a blessings jar.  

Lenore was inpatient with GOD's timing.  I think we all have been there at some point in our lives.  I was divorced and felt cheated of having a happy home and a husband.  But GOD was telling me to wait...I didn't listen.  I dated and tried to make the relationship work but it wasn't GOD's plans for me.  When I least expected it, I met my husband.  The man GOD wanted for me.  I couldn't be happier.  


The Healing Jar (Book 3)

{August 2019}
What if you have waited to find love only to be rejected when it finally comes?
Lenore Lapp is an Amish schoolteacher in her late twenties living with grandparents to help out. She thought love had passed her by until she met Jesse Smucker, a widower with a baby daughter. Lenore quickly falls in love with them both and accepts Jesse’s proposal of marriage, but Jesse breaks off their engagement when he realizes he can’t marry only for convenience.
Resigned to living single, Lenore throws herself into caring for her elders. While working in her grandmother’s garden one day, she digs up an old jar. Will Lenore find healing for her broken heart and solve long-buried family secrets by reading the notes contained inside?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Pick-Pocket Orphans

  A sad but inspiring story of two young people who made the best of their unfortunate circumstances. Alice couldn't live with her fathe...