Sunday, April 25, 2021

A Merry Heart by Wanda Brunstetter

 


Miriam did not have a merry heart.  She had her reasons.  She was just unable to get through her pain. Her mother prayed for her.  Her friends prayed for her.  Even Amos, a hopeful suitor,  prayed for her.  Miriam tried to pray but felt lost and confused.

Depression is very serious. I have had relatives who suffered from depression.  They sometimes don't even have the energy to get out of bed.  It hurts to watch their downward spiral.  I can remember praying that everything would be ok.  I was frightened that they would take their own life.  Help is available but they have to want the help.

Positive thoughts.  Prayers.  Supportive family and friends.  GOD.  Miriam had what it takes to make the right choice.  A choice for happiness.  


I loved the book.  How grateful I am of the gifts GOD gave me.  I know I have A MERRY HEART!


Go, eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart, for God has already approved what you do.  Ecclesiastes 9:7

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to Love's Promise

No.  It can't end there.  There has to be another page.  This is how I felt when I finished this latest addition to the The Amish Bonnet...