Friday, April 23, 2021

Wagon Train Wife by Catherine Kennedy


 A few years ago my husband and I went out west for a vacation.  One of our stops was the trail ruts.  I was amazed to see the ruts made so many years ago by the early pioneers etched in stone.  I stood there and was easily taken back to the days when wagon after wagon took this trail praying for a better future.  They often experienced hardship after hardship to achieve their goal.

This book is about two young girls and their determination for a better life.  Eliza and Hannah were sisters.  They endured much before they even started on this journey.  Did they have what it takes to survive?

Thomas had a plan.  He was saving for his future.  Then he met the sisters and was determined to help them.  But how far would he go?

I enjoyed the book and the strong sense of community displayed in the pages.  It was a rough world and everyone pulled together.  They had each other's' back.  

I enjoyed the story and look forward to reading more by this author.

I received this ebook from Book Sirens to give a honest review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to Love's Promise

No.  It can't end there.  There has to be another page.  This is how I felt when I finished this latest addition to the The Amish Bonnet...