Thursday, September 2, 2021

A Winter's Wish for the Cornish Midwife

 

I was ever so excited when I was able to pick this up and have the opportunity to read this wonderful story.  The cover caught my attention at first even though I am reading this on a day that is extremely hot outside!!

I love the show "Call The Midwife".  This often made me think of the show. The Cornish midwives were all compassionate and wonderful in their jobs.  They were a great team.  They all genuinely cared for each other.  But it seemed that Bobby and Toni's secret was threatening all that they have worked so hard to accomplish.

I could have shook Toni many times. She was feeling responsible for things that were way out of her control.   I couldn't stand the thought of what Toni could have lost.  She sacrificed way too much.  Didn't she deserve to be happy? 

I am looking forward to reading more books by Jo Bartlett.  It was a joy to read. 


Biography

I was born a stone’s throw from the English Channel and I still live near the sea in Kent, with my own family – so close to the South Eastern edge of England that we’re very nearly French - and it's probably why so many of my books are set near the sea too. I’ve made up stories for as long as I can remember, but never really took it any further. Concentrating on my career and family, writing went on the back burner until a catalyst called cancer gave me a major kick up the proverbial. I decided I was going to write that novel after all.

Since having my debut novel published in 2015, things have happened quite quickly and I have recently released my nineteenth novel. I’ve been able to fulfil a childhood dream of walking into WHSmiths and buying a book with my name on it and I still find it almost impossible to believe that my books have been bestsellers on Amazon too. I write contemporary women’s fiction, with a focus on love, friendship, family and community, when I’m not knee deep in assignments at the university where I still teach part-time. My first novel from Boldwood Books 'The Cornish Midwife' is now available on Amazon, with the second book in the series 'A Summer Wedding for the Cornish Midwife' available for pre-order.

Having recently signed a twelve-book deal with Boldwood Books, my ambition to drink tea and make stuff up on a full-time basis is ever closer. If you follow me on Twitter, Instagram or my author page on Facebook, I might even say something interesting one of these days… although I wouldn’t hold your breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to Love's Promise

No.  It can't end there.  There has to be another page.  This is how I felt when I finished this latest addition to the The Amish Bonnet...