Saturday, May 18, 2019

No Ocean Too Wide



Now that I stopped crying, I can write my review.  Wow!  I loved this book from page one to the very end.  I was very relieved to see that there will be a couple more books to continue the story of the McAlister Family.

I can not imagine what these young children had to endure: the loss they felt, the uncertainty of their future. It was disturbing to read that some of the children were just brought into the Canadian homes to be servants.    I knew about the children who were sent away to other parts of England to escape London during the war.  But I was not aware of children being sent to Canada.

I highly recommend Carrie Turansky's book- No Ocean Too Wide.

It was a quick read as I couldn't put the book down.


I received an advanced reader copy from WaterBrook and Multnomah.



About Carrie


I was born and raised in Oregon, so my heart longs for tall evergreens, the rugged Oregon Coast, and the pristine Cascade Mountains. But I presently live in beautiful central New Jersey. This is the Garden State, so we enjoy shopping at our local farmers’ market for sweet corn and juicy tomatoes or picking strawberries, blueberries, and peaches at local farms. We are close to Princeton University, Philadelphia, and New York City, so we sometimes take day trips in and enjoy museums, plays, and touring around.

Carrie and Scott
I am married to Scott and we have five adult children, two daughters-in-law, three sons-in-law, and six beautiful grandchildren. Being a wife, mom, and grandma are fulfilling and rewarding roles for me. Scott and I partner in ministry at Calvary Chapel Living Hope, a church we helped plant along with a team of hardworking, Jesus-following friends in Robbinsville, New Jersey. We love our church and feel blessed to have the privilege of serving the Lord with these dear friends. If you would like to know more about Calvary Chapel Living Hope, please visit our website: http://www.takejesushome.com.
My husband is the author of several parenting books filled with practical insight and biblical wisdom. We invite you to visit our ministry website and sign up for free parenting tips, then check out the articles and helpful resources there. That web site is www.biblicalparenting.org.

Carrie’s Seven-layer salads.
My first book was published in 2005, and I’ve had eighteen novels and novellas published since then. Before that, I wrote several articles, short stories, devotions, and essays. Writing fiction is my passion, and I thank the Lord for the creative ideas and characters He puts in my mind and heart. I am very grateful for friends and family who believed in me and encouraged me on my writing journey.
When I’m not writing you will find me enjoying time with my family, working outside in my flower gardens, cooking healthy meals for family and friends, or walking around the lake near our home.
If you’d like to know more about my writing journey take a look at this blog post  or listen to this interview. For a Press Kit and more information about my publisher and books please follow this link.
Your privacy is important to me! To view my privacy policy and disclosures follow this link.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to Love's Promise

No.  It can't end there.  There has to be another page.  This is how I felt when I finished this latest addition to the The Amish Bonnet...