Saturday, July 27, 2024

The Protector




Norman Petersheim is the oldest child out of five.  He takes his family responsibilities very seriously. He is determined to protect and care for his parents and his siblings the best way he can.  

The whole family is shaken when a catastrophe happens.  Each family member deals with it in their own way.  

We all have experienced some type of loss in one  form or another.  In my experience, I find myself task-oriented.  What do I need to do?  Who do I need to contact?  I am the oldest like Norman.

Others are so grief stricken that they freeze up. They are incapable  making any decisions or taking on any responsibilities.

Guilt also plays into our thinking.  I should have done this or that. I could have prevented it if I did this.

Families can either pull together during a crisis or fall apart.  

This is Book One of a new series called A Mifflin County Mystery by Wanda Brunstetter.  It deals with grief and how to continue on with life. It shows how GOD comforts us in our time of need.

I am glad that there will be another book as it does leave you hanging.  I enjoyed the story and I want to know what happens next. 

I received this book to review from Barbour Books and Wanda's Clippity Clop Club.

#blogtour

#Wanda'sClippityClopClub  

#theprotector


New York Times bestselling and award-winning author Wanda E. Brunstetter is one of the founders of the Amish fiction genre. She has written more than 100 books translated in four languages. With over 12 million copies sold, Wanda’s stories consistently earn spots on the nation’s most prestigious bestseller lists and have received numerous awards.


Wanda’s ancestors were part of the Anabaptist faith, and her novels are based on personal research intended to accurately portray the Amish way of life. Her books are well-read and trusted by many Amish, who credit her for giving readers a deeper understanding of the people and their customs.


When Wanda visits her Amish friends, she finds herself drawn to their peaceful lifestyle, sincerity, and close family ties. Wanda enjoys photography, ventriloquism, gardening, bird-watching, beachcombing, and spending time with her family. She and her husband, Richard, have been blessed with two grown children, six grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Winning the Mountain Man's Love

Patience was just trying to survive.  She had a dream but it had to wait until she saved up some money. Jonah was sent on a mission to locat...