Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Liz Tolsma - The Silver Shadow

 


I felt like I was watching one of my favorite mystery tv shows on PBS.  I feared for Polly's safety and that no one would get hurt in their hunt for the The Silver Shadow.

I enjoyed this book as I got to know and better understand the main characters' background stories.  It explained how and why they became the adults they were.  I am a social worker so it was right up my alley.

Polly desparately wanted to please her father. She felt a need to prove to him she was worthy. It is literally impossible to please everyone.  As a firstborn child, I was driven to make my parents proud.  I think that I wanted to be the best daughter, the best student, etc.  I strived hard to not disappoint them.  It is not easy to keep this up as we are not made perfect.  It adds pressure to your life that is not needed.

At some point, you realize that your parents love you unconditionally.  It might take years for some to get to that realization. GOD loves us unconditionally.  He knows we are only human.  He created us.  He knows we make mistakes.  He gave his only son to die on the cross for our sins. 

Polly and Edwin had to accept their limitations and strengths just as we do.  GOD is always by our side.  He lifts us up.  He gives us strength.  

Deuteronomy 31:6 
New International Version
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.


received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to Love's Promise

No.  It can't end there.  There has to be another page.  This is how I felt when I finished this latest addition to the The Amish Bonnet...