Monday, November 6, 2023

The Warsaw Sisters


I made a big mistake.  I read this before bed.  I couldn't get it out of my mind.  I did finish this in a couple of nights.  I had to find out how it ended. 

My husband is Polish.  I know nothing about Polish history.  This book gave me much more than I bargained for.  The story is about two sisters (Antonia and Helena) and what they must do to survive during the German invasion during WW2.  

The two sisters had interesting individual stories to be told as well as their shared experiences.   I often found myself with tears as I turned the page one after another. It was sickening to read what happened to ordinary citizens especially the Jewish people during this time.  So much suffering.

The book was excellent even though hard to read at times.  

I received this from Revell to review.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a must read even if heart-wrenching. A new author for me as well.

    ReplyDelete

Courting An Amish Bishop

You are never too old to find love.  It's never to late.  Simon was widowed.  He didn't believe he had the time or desire to marry a...