Thursday, May 28, 2015

The Heart of the Amish by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Forgiveness as the subject manner is a difficult book to get through.  Everyone holds on to anger or resentment about something.  But the key is to learn how to forgive and move on with your life.  I particularly enjoyed how each chapter started with an Amish proverb.  We have a lot to  learn from the Amish.   It did make me think of the events and people who I still had not forgiven.   To not to forgive is "a choice".   

I need to rethink my choices to hold on to grudges, to be revengeful and to be angry.  Life can be so much better to let go and just "FORGIVE".   This is not an easy task.  

Easy to read book.   Examples of forgiveness were excellent.   I loved the study guide after each chapter.  Powerful subject matter.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Pick-Pocket Orphans

  A sad but inspiring story of two young people who made the best of their unfortunate circumstances. Alice couldn't live with her fathe...