Friday, May 26, 2017

The Farmer's Market Mishap by Wanda Brunstetter

I anticipated that I would love this book so I saved it for my vacation.  I read this while we drove home.  I guess you could say I devoured this book as the scenery flew by my window.

Elma was on her own after her sister married.  She was trying to keep her shop going, taking care of her home and being there for her pregnant sister.  At times, she felt overwhelmed and so lonely.  Was she destined to be a spinster?  She adopted a cat and a stray dog but she wanted so much more.

At times, Elma was so envious of her sister.   Elma prayed often and knew that GOD would bring her the answers.  She needed to be patient.

I loved that Elma didn't settle for second best. She could have.  Her sister tried to play matchmaker.  Elma stood firm.  Then a mishap happened at the farmer's market that changed her life.....was she willing to take a risk?

I loved this story.  It is so refreshing to read about families who love each other and will do what it takes to take care of them.  This story shows that at times we must make sacrifices for ones we love and that dreams can come true.

I always finish Ms. Brunstetter's books wanting more.  Thank you for giving me so much enjoyment especially today as I travelling down a boring highway.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to Love's Promise

No.  It can't end there.  There has to be another page.  This is how I felt when I finished this latest addition to the The Amish Bonnet...