Friday, November 20, 2020

The Noel Letters


I just got this book from the library.  I loved it!  It was perfect for this time of year as it is the week before Thanksgiving.  I couldn't help but cry as I read about Noel and her relationship with her father.  This relationship impacted her life choices.

After my Father died, I had to come to terms with our relationship.  There were conversations we didn't have.  Words that weren't said.  He died when I was in my 20s.  I graduated from college 3 months after he died.  He never knew the career I had.  He was here when my children were little.  But he didn't get to meet all of his grandchildren or his great grandchildren. But I always felt he was there with me...proud of my accomplishments.  

This book was a tearjerker for me but it had a feel good quality at the conclusion.  I highly recommend this lovely story by Richard Paul Evans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Pick-Pocket Orphans

  A sad but inspiring story of two young people who made the best of their unfortunate circumstances. Alice couldn't live with her fathe...