Monday, May 31, 2021

Bridge of Gold


A holiday weekend and a new book to read.  I was excited to jump right in and get to know the characters in this book.  And jump I did!!!!  I was quickly turning the pages and learning about the occupations of diving and the building of The Golden Gate Bridge.   

The book was one of intrigue and mystery.  Who was threatening them?  Who were the dead bodies that were discovered in the shipwreck? 

Kayla was an underwater archaeologist.  I never knew a job like that existed.  It didn't sound like a job I would want.  It sounded interesting but a little to dangerous for me.  She would do research on her findings and provide clues to the past.  

Kayla had a problem dealing with her own past. She was excellent on the job but in her own life she struggled.  The answer to her struggles was leaving it up to GOD.  


Deuteronomy 31:6. New International Version ... Be strong and courageous. ... Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”


I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review.

Author: 
Series: Doors to the Past, Book 1
Genre: Historical Fiction
Publisher: Barbour Books
Publication Year: JUN 2021
ASIN: B08MX3PBFM
ISBN: 1643529579
Buy from Christian Book Distributor
Buy from Books-A-Million
Buy from Amazon


1 comment:

Springtime in Surrey

  I'm sitting here in dreary February reading an anthology about Spring.  Spring can't come any faster for me in cold Michigan.  Thi...