Sunday, February 27, 2022

The Runaway Family

 


I have been listening to this audio book for awhile now.  Bit by bit.  I was taken back by the horror this family and others endured.  

My Mother lived in England during the war.  She had stories of air raid shelters, bombings and rationing.  We are so very fortunate to live today here in the United States.  

It was difficult to listen to at times.  I didn't have much hope for this family to survive.

I received this audio book from Net Galley to review.  

Diney Costeloe

Diney Costeloe is the daughter of a London publisher and has been surrounded by books all her life. Encouraged by her father, she has always written stories and poems. When she left school she trained as a primary school teacher, and taught in the East End of London and in Somerset. She has three children and seven grandchildren, so is always busy with the family, and she and her husband share their time between Somerset and West Cork.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to Love's Promise

No.  It can't end there.  There has to be another page.  This is how I felt when I finished this latest addition to the The Amish Bonnet...