Thursday, December 1, 2022

A Mother's Christmas Wish

A wonderful book that shows that you are given a second (third or fourth) chance to make things right.  

Emma made some terrible decisions that resulted in her moving to her Aunt Bessie's pub in Ryhope.  Emma no sooner arrived when one more rash behavior changed her life forever.

The characters in this story were fantastic to read about.  It  just was what you would think who would reside in a small village.  Everyone knows your business.  No one can really keep a secret.  And Emma did have secrets.

I really enjoyed the book.  This was my first time reading anything by Glenda Young.  This won't be last.  I love historical stories based in England.  I had to laugh when they introduced Christmas crackers to Emma.  I  bought them for Christmas last year.  I have a picture of the whole family wearing their paper hats around the table.

I was given the opportunity to read this ebook by Boldwood Books to review.  Thank you for that as I loved it.
#BoldwoodBooks
#RachelRandomResources



AUTHOR:



Glenda Young credits her local library in the village of Ryhope, where she grew up, for giving her her love of books. She still lives close by in Sunderland and often gets her ideas for her stories on long bike rides along the coast. A life-long fan of Coronation Street, she runs two fan websites for which she sometimes interviews the cast of the show.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to Love's Promise

No.  It can't end there.  There has to be another page.  This is how I felt when I finished this latest addition to the The Amish Bonnet...