Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Holding the Line



Rose had a job she loved.  She needed no man to make her happy.  She was done with men.  They can't be trusted.  Then she met John.  

Was Rose "Holding the Line" to protect her heart?  Did John let family obligations get in his way of happiness?  


A sweet story of how your past can possibly prevent true happiness in the future.  I am amazed that I was not like Rose.  Divorced and hurt that my ex could treat me in such a cold manner.  I was disappointed and questioned if I could meet someone that was worthy of my trust.  I was guarded but not to the extent where I would shut out any future suitor.  Thank goodness!  I married the love of my life 7 years later.


I received this early copy to review by the author.



JENNIFER DELAMARE

A history fan, travel lover, and outdoor enthusiast, Jennifer Delamere writes tales of the past...and of new beginnings. Her debut novel An Heiress at Heart was an RWA RITA® award finalist, and her follow-up, A Lady Most Lovely, earned a starred review from Publishers Weekly and the Maggie Award for Excellence from Georgia Romance Writers. Jennifer earned her B.A. in English from McGill University in Montreal, Canada, where she also gained fluency in French and developed an abiding passion for winter sports. An avid reader of both classic novels and historical fiction, she also enjoys biographies and histories, which she mines for the vivid details to bring to life the characters and places in her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to Love's Promise

No.  It can't end there.  There has to be another page.  This is how I felt when I finished this latest addition to the The Amish Bonnet...