Monday, May 13, 2024

Embers in the London Sky



Sarah Sundin has become one of my favorites throughout the years.  I know what to expect and she continues to deliver.

This story is based during WW II.  Aleida escapes from the Netherlands to London. She is separated from all that she loves.  Can she survive the loss?  Will she ever trust again?  

A beautiful friendship develops between Aleida and Hugh Collingwood, a BBC reporter. He is battling his own demons.  But together they can accomplish anything.

I loved the story.  It made me think of my family history.  My mother lived in England during the war.  She has told me many stories of the hardships they endured. 

#SarahSundin



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Orphan Songbird

  The cover of this book is absolutely beautiful.  This is the gorgeous face of Darcy.  The poor girl suffered much.  Her parents are dead a...