Thursday, June 17, 2021

Love Overseas by Michelle Cornish

 


Each character in this book had a wonderful story to tell.  I can't pick one over another to be my favorite.  

My Mother lived in England during WW II.  She was a child but reading these stories brought it to life.  She wasn't a war bride but she did immigrate to the US in the 1950s with her family.  After living here for a bit, she met my father.  Where do you think he came from?  Canada!

I enjoyed the book.  I can't even imagine living during these times.  The book does clearly show that life must go on.  Everyone suffered some type of loss but you couldn't give up after their sacrifices.

Love Overseas touched my heart.  I am sure it will for you, too.  

I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.


ABOUT AUTHOR:

Michelle strives to write the kinds of books she enjoys reading--interesting (yet complicated) characters, a little romance, and a lot of mystery and intrigue. Strong women in sticky situations is her specialty! You can find Michelle at www.michellecornish.com or email her your feedback at inspired[at]michellecornish.com. She also writes children's books with her kids as A.J. Kormon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to Love's Promise

No.  It can't end there.  There has to be another page.  This is how I felt when I finished this latest addition to the The Amish Bonnet...